Wednesday, April 20

30 Days - April 20 ~ when I'm angry

For the 30 days of music:

Day 20 ~ when I'm angry, I like to listen to:

"Harvester of Sorrow"

QUICK - guess which album it's on!! ;)
...And Justice For All

It is so much better when it's unbelievably loud! For years, at least reaching back as far as 6th or 7th grade, I've been a Metallica fan. Thanks to Cousin Dave, I've known about them since right around 1985 (about 4 years after they formed). Lars* has always been my favorite!
Animated Gifs
Metallica is my go-to metal band - sometimes, I'm just in the mood for it; sometimes I need to vent some frustrations and just want something loud and fast and angry-sounding. Sometimes it makes for really great driving music! Behind CSN, Metallica is my #2 most-owned artist. I have most (maybe all?) of their albums in my iTunes library, and I know I used to own: Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All (the Amazon link above, just click the album art), and the Black album (Metallica). Bro had Garage Inc and St. Anger, then bought Death Magnetic when it first came out; he later inherited my Metallica CDs when I moved over to all-digital music.

If you've been reading along this month, you've gathered that I'm more of a 'dirty hippie' than 'headbanger' - but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy both! They are not mutually exclusive in my world, or my iTunes library. If you looked, you could very likely find a playlist including James Taylor, Shaggy, Grateful Dead and Metallica songs on it. Actually, now that I look, I do have them all together on the one I call "random" (go figure!). That playlist has 49 songs on it, all over the board - I even see DMX and Rosemary Clooney in there.... yeah, that's eclectic alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


*(He's the drummer, and the first in a line of crushes I've had on drummers.)

No comments: