Monday, April 18

30 Days - April 18 ~ I wish I heard it more often on the radio

For the 30 days of music:

Day 18 ~ I wish I heard more often on the radio:

"Wagon Wheel"

O.C.M.S.

First, I have to thank (cousin) Dave's wife for introducing me to this song in particular. They also prefer college radio and live near a college that features lots of local musicians, and shows nearby are pretty regular as well. I also think Dave & Marisa have really good taste in music! Hey, she & I both dig and can sing along with Carole King.... you just can't go wrong with her. :D
I had been up to visit them a couple years ago, and Marisa said, "oh, you *have* to hear this awesome song. It's my new favorite!" and told me she'd heard it on her college station. We both still love the song, and I've listened to (and bought) a few more of their songs since then; I just really dig their vibe.
(Yeah, I know how that sounds... like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. I'm okay with that. I love that gang of meddling kids!)

Second, the reason I have it here today is that I'm pretty sure I've never heard it on *my* favorite station here - yet. I will admit that I don't have the radio on 24/7, it's really only on for an hour or so at most on any given day. I use my computer for most everything during the day, and use Pandora most often.
Still, when I'm in the car, it'd be nice to hear it a little more often. Really, anything from OCMS is a nice audio treat. I hope you enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: