Wednesday, December 23

Fun stuff before Christmas

Two days until Christmas! Are you ready? We got everything wrapped over the weekend, so are ready sooner than I thought we'd be. Thank you to my in-laws for taking the kids this past weekend so that I *could* get it all done!
So, last night Poseidon sent me an email with a link to a web comic. In the last few years, he has become the unofficial family IT guy, so this particular comic was hilariously very true:

Why it's better to pretend you don't know anything about computers, by The Oatmeal.

After reading that one, I started looking around at the guy's other comics. Do you remember a few weeks ago, when I was nearly hit in the crosswalk? Today, I found this:

Could you pass a driving test?

Created by Auto Insurance.org


You can click that image to take the test for yourself, and the answers are given after you've been graded. I only missed three, none of which were about pedestrians' rights! :D

Anyway, I like some of the other comics from this guy. Here's the homepage for your reading pleasure. I'll warn you, most of them have some salty language, but if you can handle that they're worth reading. My favorites so far (besides the above) are:
Twilight (haven't read it, not interested, I prefer my vampires gentlemanly - see True Blood on HBO)
17 Things Worth Knowing About Your Cat
How to Use an Apostrophe (this brings out my inner spelling nazi)
How Different Age Groups Celebrate Halloween
The 5 Phases of Caffeine Intake

I'm only on page 2 so far. There's another page of this stuff!

The update portion of this post:
Next week the kids and I will be at Mom's. I'm hoping we can visit a few friends, some of my aunts/uncles/cousins, and I know we're going to drop in on Mama A. at some point. I'll have the computer with me and if it isn't too cold, I'll sit out back so I can get a signal to use the internet. If any of you want to see me and I'm not already planning it, call Mom's house and we'll try to work something out! I'll have pictures and a new post again by the second week of January.




(Image 1 credit)
(Image 2 credit)


Be well ~
Poseidon, Amphitrite, Mister Twister, and Miss Hurricane

No comments: