Wednesday, October 1

A quickie with some pics

I think this is the last full "gotta-get-stuff-done!" week until next month. I hope so anyway! So before I put my laptop to sleep for the day, I thought I'd share a few pictures. I have running around to do today and it's already 10 - I've only done one load of laundry so far!

Okay, so the kids started school back on August 13. First day ever for Miss Hurricane, and Boy is a 5th grader now! (Next year, it's middle school for him - yikes!) Little Miss Grumpy wasn't in the mood that morning, and she felt chilly:


... while Boy felt totally fine:


They both have been doing well at school ever since. She is much better about following directions now - that wasn't a strong suit for her previously - and he is reading more, and more easily, and comprehending all of it. They both seem to be having fun. Girl has her first field trip this Friday! That should make for a nice long story when she gets home from school. :-)

Last weekend, our littlest niece turned a year old. There was a fun party, lots of gifts and cake and ice cream and all! I have a ton of pictures, but haven't yet asked permission to post any of her. I may do that later if it's okay with her mama. One I will share from that day is this one of Boy:

... he's practicing holding his breath! And, he's no longer afraid to get his face in the water! Mom and Pop (my in-laws) got a hot tub recently, and the kids just love 'swimming' in it. Pop has been working with Boy on holding his breath and getting his face/head wet. I didn't know that until he said "Hey Mom, watch what I can do now" - and there's the picture I took! I'll be able to teach him how to swim soon, then!

It's 10:15 now. I have to go to Best Buy, then JoAnn's, and get back in time to run two more loads of laundry so I can hang them outside. I'd better skeedaddle! Longer post will come next week, and I'll try to get more pictures up for that one too. I will also be dabbling in political writings, and will share what I learn from both candidates. I'm volunteering for Obama, but I want you all to vote for whoever you want. AS LONG AS YOU VOTE, pick who you want. But I want to educate as many people as I can too, and STOP the ignorant "Fwd: Fwd: Fw: Fw: OMG look what {candidate} did/said he's a terrorist!!!1!" emails. And, Poseidon will help me compose the posts since politics is something he knows a whole lot about.

Now, family, I love y'all, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't forward me that garbage. Remember, Snopes.com is also your FRIEND. I've been reading from both candidates' campaign sites, and will give a rundown here. At least then, I'll know you know *something* about each of them instead of voting based on the adverts' fearmongering.

Come back soon!

No comments: